Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hello all. I am using a coin operated computer and a Spainish keyboard at the moment having difficulty figuring how to use it.I have heard thet there has been a request for pictures, so I will try to upload some. After a difficult climb over the Pyrenees I had a difficult time going down. I missed a trail and went down a trail that was not recommended because of its steepness, and so my right knee has been hurting for some days now. Spain is a beautiful country and the people are very friendly. I am hoping to make it to Estella today but with my right knee acting up that may be difficult. As I was walking out of Pamplona yesterday and elderly gentleman stopped , started speaking to me and of course I could not understand him. I replyed with one of the three Spanish sentences I know ¨I do not speak Spanish¨He replied in Spainsh--yes you do a little--we both laughed. He was trying to tell me something about the Camino and Santiago--perhaps he walked it at one time. On top of Alto Perdon an elderly French woman arrived riding her bicycle--I was sitting down and she came to sit with me. She started talking to me in French and I replied in French that I knew a litte French. And then we had a conversation of broken French and broken English--she is riding to Santiago on her bike. People seem to appreciate an effort to speak to them in their own language--perhaps it shows you respect them. I seem to suffering still from jet lag as I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot get back to sleep. Unfortunately I cannot upload pictures right now because the computer cannot recognize my camera. I will try again later.


3 comments:

  1. I hope your knee starts to feel better. Been thinking a lot about you lately and looking forward to seeing pictures of your travels and hearing more stories of the places you visit and the people you meet along the way! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear things seem to be going well! It's exciting to hear about your language experiences with people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finished watching "The Way" tonight with Elizabeth and Gabriel. He is very inspired by your walk. He wants you to know he believes you can do it. Looks like you are about a third of the way through! Hang in there and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete